thefleet...
Main The Fleet Ships of The Fleet  MAID OF ARGYLL

 MAID OF ARGYLL

Gaelic Name: N/A
 SHIPS LINKS:

HISTORY
SHIPS CREW
 USUAL ROUTE:
Craigendoran – Rothesay / Dunoon
 
 Picture: At Kilcreggan 1971, Andy MacConnell
 DETAILS
Type: Steel TSMV
Callsign: 
IMO: 5217490
MMSI: 
Built: 1953
Launched: 3/4/1953
Acquired: 
Entered Service: 
Disposed: 01/03/1974
Ordered By: Caledonian Steam Packet Co.
Cost: 
Registered: Glasgow
Launched by: Mrs F A Pope, wife of a member of the British Transport Commission
Named after: 
 DIMENSIONS
Length: 161.3'
Draught: 10.0'
Breadth: 28.0'
Gross tonnage: 508
 CAPACITIES
Passengers: 627
Cars: 0
Crew: 
Lifeboats (Number of): 
 TECHNICAL
Builders: A & J Inglis, Pointhouse, Glasgow
Yard No: 1491
Engine Builders: British Polar Engines Ltd., Glasgow
Machinery: 2 Oil 2SCSA 6 cyl. 9 7/8” x 16 ½ “
Speed: 15 kts
Hoist & Lifts: 
 FACILITIES

Key to Symbols
 REMARKS
MAID OF ARGYLL was the only ship of the quartet to survive unaltered as a passenger ship into the Caledonian MacBrayne era and don the new CalMac livery.
 ROUTE TIMELINE
1953: Kilmun
1953 – 1960’s: Craigendoran – Gourock / Dunoon / Innellan / Rothesay. Lochgoilhead / Arrochar “Three Lochs Tour” (Loch Goil / Loch Long / Loch Lomond)
1960’s – 1970: Alternated on Clyde Services
1970 – 1970: Kyles of Bute / Tarbert Mail Service
1971 – 1973: Alternated on Clyde Services


All material on this site © Ships of CalMac 2001 - 2017, unless otherwise stated.
Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Join us on Flickr View us on YouTube SoC AIS SoC Forum Site NOT linked to Official Company
This site is NOT connected to the Official Company Site - www.calmac.co.uk
Contact Us ¦
Read our Privacy Policy