thefleet...
Main The Fleet Ships of The Fleet  LARGS

 LARGS - ex KYLEAKIN (II), KYLEAKIN II

Gaelic Name: N/A
 SHIPS LINKS:

HISTORY
 USUAL ROUTE:
Largs - Cumbrae
  Crossing Page
 Picture: In Lamonts Dry Dock Glasgow, Stuart Cameron
 DETAILS
Type: Steel TSMV
Callsign: 
IMO: 
MMSI: 
Built: 1960
Launched: 
Acquired: 
Entered Service: 
Disposed: 1983
Ordered By: Caledonian Steam Packet Co.
Cost: 
Registered: Glasgow
Launched by: 
Named after: Named after the 1928 built KYLEAKIN, the very first vehicle ferry at Kyle of Lochalsh.
 DIMENSIONS
Length: 75.7'
Draught: 6.1'
Breadth: 21.o'
Gross tonnage: 64
 CAPACITIES
Passengers: 100
Cars: 9
Crew: 
Lifeboats (Number of): 
 TECHNICAL
Builders: Ailsa Shipbuilding Co. Ltd, Troon
Yard No: 510
Engine Builders: Gleniffer Engines Ltd., Glasgow.
Machinery: 2 Oil 4SCSA 4 cyl 6 x 7.
Speed: 8 kts
Hoist & Lifts: 1 x Vehicle Turntable
 FACILITIES

Key to Symbols
 REMARKS
KYLEAKIN was the last turntable ferry built for the Company.
 ROUTE TIMELINE
1960 - 1970: Kyle of Lochalsh - Kyleakin
1970: Kyles Scalpay - Scalpay
1971: Kyle of Lochalsh - Kyleakin
1972 - 1976: Largs - Cumbrae
1977 - 1983: Largs - Cumbrae (Peak Back Up) / Colintraive - Rhubodach (Relief)


All material on this site Ships of CalMac 2001 - 2017, unless otherwise stated.
Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Join us on Flickr View us on YouTube SoC AIS SoC Forum Site NOT linked to Official Company
This site is NOT connected to the Official Company Site - www.calmac.co.uk
Contact Us
Read our Privacy Policy