thefleet...
Main The Fleet Ships of The Fleet  HEBRIDES (II)

 HEBRIDES (II)

Gaelic Name: N/A
 SHIPS LINKS:

HISTORY
SHIPS CREW
 USUAL ROUTE:
Uig - Tarbert - Lochmaddy
  Crossing Page
 Picture: On a wintery faithfull 'Uig Triangle',
 DETAILS
Type: Steel TSMV
Callsign: GMOV
IMO: 
MMSI: 
Built: 1964
Launched: 
Acquired: 
Entered Service: 
Disposed: 1963
Ordered By: David MacBrayne Ltd.
Cost: 
Registered: Glasgow
Launched by: Mrs. Michael Noble, wife of the then Scottish Secretary of State
Named after: 
 DIMENSIONS
Length: 235'
Draught: 9'
Breadth: 46'
Gross tonnage: 1420
 CAPACITIES
Passengers: 600
Cars: 50
Crew: 
Lifeboats (Number of): 
 TECHNICAL
Builders: Hall, Russell & Co. Ltd., Aberdeen
Yard No: 910
Engine Builders: Crossley Bros. Ltd., Manchester.
Machinery: 2 x SCSA. each 8 cyls. 10 x 13.
Speed: 14 kts
Hoist & Lifts: 
 FACILITIES

Key to Symbols
 REMARKS
The HEBRIDES became Torbay Seaways' DEVONIUN and ran from Torquay to the Channel Islands, then went to Greek owners as the ILLYRIA and ran between Italy and Albania. She was last reported laid-up in Greece and is likely to be scrapped.
 ROUTE TIMELINE
Sorry, Not Compiled Yet. Please Check our FACEBOOK Page for Inclusion.


All material on this site Ships of CalMac 2001 - 2017, unless otherwise stated.
Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Join us on Flickr View us on YouTube SoC AIS SoC Forum Site NOT linked to Official Company
This site is NOT connected to the Official Company Site - www.calmac.co.uk
Contact Us
Read our Privacy Policy